Monday, July 19, 2021

Social Listening: Converse Run Star Motion

 


The brand I selected to analyze is Converse, more specifically I want to take a look at their new shoe: Converse Run Star Motion. This product really grabbed my attention a couple nights ago when I was scrolling through Instagram and I really liked the shoe and haven't seen anything like it. With that in mind I decided to take a look at the comments and I was surprised at what I saw. For the most part people were not fans of the new model. One instagram account even said  "This looks like a hedgehog". 

Converses' value proposition is comfort and style all in one. Converse uses "CX foam" and says "they're bold, in style, easy to put on, and too comfortable to take off". You'll also notice Converse  uses more relaxed poses and colors to give off a more comfortable vibe. 

Many people are hating on the new shoe model calling the shoes the ugliest they've seen, or saying absolutely not. However there are a few comments in favor of the shoes such as fire emojis and heart emojis. 



Unfortunately I wasn't able to comment or reply to any of the posts, I'm not sure if it was an issue on my end or if Converse disabled any further comments. However as you scroll deeper into the comments there appeared to be more people who liked the product so not all of the comments were against the new converse model. 

If you take a closer look at Converse's profile as a whole you will see that their main goal is not only to promote their shoes but to truly give the shoes a casual wear reputation with a sense of art. We can see this as there's a lot of posts both indoor and outdoor with people doing your typical day to day activities. 


Converse's whole Instagram profile directly relates to marketing as they are trying to sell a story which each individual shoe. Like mentioned before you get an artsy feel as you scroll through their page because each design is unique and can be paired with so many options. Ultimately they really create a causal/ creative vibe which really translates to their target market which happens to be younger people I'd say teenagers to upper 20s. Overall I think that they use their social media very wisely and it promotes talk and comments which drives even more people in. The main challenge for Converse right now is simply getting more people to accept their new Run Star Motion model which could be solved by having an influencer wear them or even just gaining more exposure for the model across other platforms. 

One thing I noticed when I was scrolling through the comments is that Converse did not respond to any of the comments, good or bad. This is an interesting move because it shows that they are wanting information the public's view on the shoe release so that they can predict sales or see what their next move could be marketing wise. 

Overall I did think critically about this company and I even thought about why companies may or may not respond. Prior to this I never really cared or looked deeply into advertisements but not that I have with Converse I'm more likely to visit other company's pages and see what they are trying to do with their marketing and how they reach their target market. 

Sources Cited:
https://www.instagram.com/converse/ 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Listening: Converse Run Star Motion

  The brand I selected to analyze is Converse, more specifically I want to take a look at their new shoe: Converse Run Star Motion. This pro...